Monday, March 8, 2010

Sleeping Torpor

Even though classes have started, my friends and I are trying to soak up the free time as much as possible. Our RA even told us that we’re going to miss the relaxation time once we’re a few weeks in, cause that’s when we really have to start acting like students. So, we’re taking her advice. Before we start writing our papers and “putting our thinking caps on,” we’re just going to be a lazy as possible. We go to cafes and bars a lot (cappuccinos are cheap!). Sometimes we take naps by windows with sunlight blanketing us like cats. Occasionally we have mini dance parties in Julia’s room. We recorded a few videos. You can’t see them. From time to time, a nice walk through the town is refreshing. It’s been a nice week of classes so far. I’m not so sure how focused I’ll be once I realize it’s time to write a paper. But, I’m sure I’ll be fine. I just really, really cannot wait until it’s time to draw, draw, draw, and sculpt, and paint. That all comes after this stinkin Renaissance Art class is over (three weeks). I can do it! This class isn’t that bad. It’s just the fat paper I have hanging over my head that I’m dreading. There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven; a time for writing papers, and a time for not doing that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment