Friday, March 19, 2010

Renaissance Art History class is now History!

I just finished all my work due for my first class of this first month in Orvieto. I feel like a kite tied to a tree on the edge of a cliff on a sunny day. I hope you understand. This class was a little intense. My brain is fried. Now all I have to look forward to for the next three months is making art till my hands are aching. I am so excited for it! Today has been so liberating and relaxing knowing that I have no pressure to do anything. Plus, there's a festival going on in Orvieto tonight. I'm not really sure what it's for, but I do know that I'ma gonna be having a good time. Me, Julia, and Whitney have plans to go to a bar and listen to some live music. I've only heard live music twice for this whole first month we've been here! That's not enough! I love live music, so I'm looking forward to it.

I decided that I would make this post my first photo blog of this trip. I don't have a working camera right now, but I do have friends! So, I stole some pictures from people, just so you have something to look at. I know from experience that looking at pictures doesn't do a whole lot compared to actually being the one holding the camera. But I just hope it does enough to draw out for you guys at least a little of what I've been surrounded with for the past month. I hope to keep showing you pictures in the future, maybe even with my own photographs.

This is Orvieto from a train. (by Julia Ham)



This is just my boring backyard. By boring, I mean the exact opposite. (by Julia Ham)


This is me with a flower in my ear, standing in the court yard of a Florentine monastery. (by Julieta Morales)



This is a view of Florence from Michelangelo's palace. No big deal. (by Julieta Morales)


Here are some of the people I live with. This was taken in Rome (The Colosseum is on the right) on the first weekend of the trip. It's weird to think how fast time passed and how I hardly knew these people when this photo was taken. (by Sean VandenBrink)



This one's for Sarah. I know it'll bring back some nostalgic feelings. 
This is the place where we eat lunch and dinner every day. La Locanda del Lupo. I know for a fact that I am going to miss this place and the people that serve us when this trip is over. I can already feel it in my chest. (by Sean VandenBrink)

P.S. - A copy of my sketch of David can now be found below.

1 comment: