Friday, June 11, 2010

Sufjan

Today, one of our professors, Bruce Herman, who spent the last month here with us showed us a video he made with small clips of moments he had with us students around the monastery and Orvieto. He had a variety of great music playing along with it. When Sufjan Stevens' "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" came on, one of my favorite moments of this entire trip began. Let me remind you of the first week here, I wrote about playing my guitar under an olive tree in Assisi. I played that song. Bruce didn't know about that. This song started my time in Italy and ended it. Not only was that moving to me, but in that dark room as we watched the video projected on the wall, my peers began singing along and harmonizing with Sufjan. Our voices filled the room.

1 comment: